|Category||Weapons > Ranged|
5.56x45mm Tracer Rounds
|Repairable With||Gun Cleaning Kit|
|Size||6x3 (18 Slots)|
|Weight||3 kg (7 lb)|
|Internal Magazine||1-Round (Chambered Round)|
|Rate of Fire||
Medium (~600 rounds/min (Full-Auto))|
Medium (~600 rounds/min (Burst))
Medium (~480 rounds/min (Semi-Auto))
2 ((Quiet) Plastic Bottle Suppressor)
300m - 400mm (Hip-Fire/Integral Scope)|
50m - 400m (BUIS)
|Magazines||30rd AUR Mag|
|Optics||Integrated Scope (1.2x)|
|Muzzles||Plastic Bottle Suppressor|
|Wraps||Ghillie Rifle Wrap|
A selective fire bullpup weapon. The compact design and the short barrel make the weapon suitable for CQB. It's fed by a dedicated magazine. Uses 5.56x45mm rounds. — In-game description
The AUR A1 is a firearm in DayZ.
The AUR A1 is a bullpup assault rifle chambered for the intermediate 5.56x45mm round. The rifle was first introduced in Alpha patch 0.51, but was revamped in the 1.15 update alongside the new AUR AX. It features a built-in 1.5x magnification scope with a top-mounted iron sight and exclusively takes the proprietary 30rd AUR Mag.
Weapon attachments are any accessories or devices that attach to a firearm in order to add, improve or modify the weapon's functionality or performance. In DayZ Standalone these attachments take the form of sights/optics, handguards, buttstocks, muzzle devices, barrel and handguard attachments and gun wraps.
- The rifle was first introduced on the 3rd December 2014 in Alpha patch 0.51.125720 as the Steyr AUG Automatic Rifle. It was subsequently removed in Beta 0.63 with the new player controller requiring all weapons to be reworked. The AUG returned as two separate weapons (AUR A1 and AUR AX) in Experimental 1.15 on 4th November 2021.
- The rifle is based on the real-world Steyr AUG A1.
- The version of the A1 found in Alpha had a longer barrel and black furniture, and also took western magazine variants due to the proprietary magazine not being fully implemented, despite existing in the files. It also had the ability to attach the Standardized Suppressor.
- A render on Trello by Chris Torchia showed the Alpha AUG featuring a heavy barrel and integrated bipod. As found in the files, the intention was to allow for players to swap out barrel types on the weapon, before being shelved. The 'AUG_Barrel' object still exists in the files as of 1.15.
- The AUG name Armee-Universal-Gewehr, roughly translates into "Army Universal Rifle", which can be abbreviated into AUR, hence the name.
† Currently in Experimental.