|Category||Vehicles > Ground|
|Capacity||10x30 (300 Slots)|
|Top Speed||138 kph|
|Fuel Tank||42 L|
|Locations||Towns and Cities|
The Ada 4x4, previously known as the Offroad Hatchback, is a four-wheel drive vehicle with top speeds exceeding 130 km/h.
The Ada 4x4 is based on the early Lada Niva 2121. It was the only 2-doors vehicle in the game untill update 1.10 adding in the M3S Truck. To get into the back seats, players need to lower the front seats (at least one) to get in the back, making this vehicle difficult to flee with when you are being chased or shot at (if you seat in the back). This is also the only vehicle on PC to have a spare wheel attachement (compared to the PS4 version where the Olga 24 has a spare tyre slot in the trunk) which is under the hood. It comes in 3 colours : Dark Blue, Green and Light Grey. It is currently the second best vehicle at off-roading (M3S truck being the first one with it's low top-speed and high grip). It is also the only driveable vehicle in DayZ to have rust spots on the bodywork (pointing at the steel quality and poor care given by the owners).
Setting up & Maintenance
Getting the Parts
The following parts are necessary to get the Ada 4x4 operational, as of v1.0:
The following fluids are necessary for a healthy, long running car:
- Motor Oil (Not currently required as of v1.06, and no longer spawns)
- Water added to Car Radiator
- Fuel added with a Gasoline Canister
The following parts are optional, but recommended for the safety of vehicle occupants:
- 1x Ada 4x4 Left Door
- 1x Ada 4x4 Right Door
- 1x Ada 4x4 Hood
- 1x Ada 4x4 Rear Door
- 2x Headlight Bulb
- 1x Ada 4x4 Wheel (slot in the engine bay)
As of Version 1.06 Motor Oil is no longer requried to run the car and no longer spawns.
For coolant refilling, a Car Radiator is necessary. To refill coolant aim on the top right corner of the Car Radiator which is mounted in front of the engine behind the cooler grill.
You can refill coolant with the following Items:
NOTE: refill coolant until the engine stops smoking, usually more than half a Coolant Tank is needed.
NOTE: since 1.02, if the radiator is removed from any vehicle all water inside the radiator will disappear. In spite of this, car batteries will still retain their charge when removed in 1.02
The Ada 4x4 is the best offroad handling vehicle out of the 4 in-game due to it's 4x4 drive train and it's good gearing the Ada is a good allrounder car.
The Ada 4x4 usually spawns in smaller, more secluded villages such as Lopatino or Kamensk. It can also spawn on dirt roads in the forests near the edge of Chernarus, sometimes making the use of a map necessary to find one in a populated server. On Livonia, they usualy spawn in hunting areas as well as the south of the map like Polana.
- The Lada Niva or VAZ-2121 (Russian: Лада Нива; Niva (нива) is Russian for "crop field") is an off-road vehicle produced by the Russian (former Soviet) manufacturer AvtoVAZ from year 1977 to present day.
- The Lada Niva is second fastest vehicle in Dayz Standalone. (v0.60)
- There is a special place for one spare wheel under the hood like in the real-life Lada Niva.
- The ingame model appears to be a hybrid of old and new real-life Niva models.
- The taillights are reversed on the ingame model. In real-life Niva 1600, their retroreflectors are actually located on the upper part while the running lights are located on the lower part.
- Previous to Beta, the Ada 4x4 was referred to as the Offroad Hatchback.
- Despite having a 4 gears transmission, the vehicle has 5 gears on the shifter.
- There is a texture bug in both broken down and driveable versions of the vehicle. The rear window frames on each sides of the rear bench are white despite the vehicle being from another colour.