|Category||Locations > Towns and Cities|
|Grid Reference||045 129|
|A View of Balota|
Note: this page covers the Standalone version of DayZ; for information on the Mod, see Mod:Balota.
Balota (Cyrillic: Балота) is a coastal town in Chernarus, next to which lies the Balota Airstrip. The name of the town is based off the Russian word for "swamp" (болота or bolota) and likely derives its name from the swamp located nearby, along the coast towards Komarovo.
Balota is a high traffic area due to the neighboring Airstrip, its proximity to Chernogorsk, and because the town is by the coast where new players may spawn. The town itself still has worthwhile loot, but no more or less so than any other similarly-sized coastal town.
Inside the town, a submachine gun is the optimal weapon to use because of its short range skirmishing potential. However, once inside the airfield or while approaching the town, a rifle mounted with a scope is going to offer players a bigger killing potential because most players are forced to run out in the open.
Points of Interest
- It is a small town with predominantly-residential area, with an airstrip adjacent to it.
- There is a water pump on the western side of the town, near a house by the road, and several greenhouses in the back yards.
- There is a harbor warehouse to the south of the town, with 3 not lootable (non-openable) containers.
- Train station on the coastal Railroad.
- In real life, Balota is the name of several villages in Romania as well as the name of the river Balota.