|Category||Food and Drink > Drinks|
|Size||4 Slots (2x2)|
A reusable plastic bottle used by military and campers. Can be filled with various liquids. — In-game description
The Canteen is a portable source of drinking water that survivors can use to replenish their thirst.
- Can be emptied of their contents by holding in hand and looking towards the ground.
- Can be refilled at Water Pumps for fresh water or any source of muddy waters like rivers, streams, and ponds. They will not work close to shoreline seawater.
- Can hold Gasoline when filled up at Fuel Pumps at Gas Stations. The Canteen must be emptied of Water before Gasoline can be added.
- Can be attached to a Belt and carried in the waist slot.
- It is important to mention that spawned Canteens have a 50/50 chance to infect a player with Cholera. It is always recommended to use Chlorine Tablets to purify before first consumption of the spawned liquid OR empty the Canteen out and refill entirely from a Water Pump to be safe.
- Consuming from a Canteen shared between a Cholera infected player and an uninfected player can spread the infection. To be safe: clean the Canteen with Alcoholic Tincture or Disinfectant Spray before consuming from it.