This article is currently under construction. It may contain little or inaccurate information.
Please expand or correct the article as well as you can.
A bottle of disinfectant spray found in DayZ.
|Required slot(s):||2 (1 × 2)|
|Effect(s) on player:||• Causes chemical poisoning|
if ingested • Disinfects
|“|| The label reads: "kills viruses and bacteria on environmental surfaces in your home and in public places. It eliminates germs and odours on hard non-porous surfaces that you come in contract with every day"|
— In-game description
A bottle of disinfectant spray occupies two inventory slots, one across and two down. It is a somewhat uncommon item that can be found in hospitals. Each use drains 10% of its total contents.
It can be used to disinfect rags and other items to minimize any chance of infection when using that item. For example, after killing a zombie with a knife, it would be wise to use disinfectant spray to disinfect it before using the knife to open a can of beans to eat.
Ingestion of disinfectant spray is likely to cause chemical poisoning. Although chemical poisoning is very serious, it is possible to cure it with careful management.