|Category||Vehicles > Ground|
|Top Speed||48 kph|
|Fuel Tank||120 L|
|Variants||Green, Blue, Orange|
The M3S, previously known as the V3S, is a vehicle in DayZ. It was the first functional vehicle to be implemented in the game during the Alpha stage of development back in late 2014. It was reworked and added back to the game in the 1.10 update.
Performance[edit | edit source]
The M3S is the slowest vehicle in DayZ. It has a maximum speed of around 50 kph when driving on flat ground or down a slight hill. When going normal throttle, it reaches about 40 kph. However, when driving gentle throttle, the max speed is about 17 kph.
Vehicle Parts[edit | edit source]
The following 'Engine' and 'Chassis' parts are necessary for an operational M3S:
The 'Body' parts are optional, but recommended for the safety of vehicle occupants:
2x M3S Wheels can be stored in the spare wheel compartments on the rear of the cabin. The compartment holders need to be open to take out the spare wheels.
Storage Capacity[edit | edit source]
The M3S has a base storage of 600 item slots (10x60), but can be extended up to a total of 1400 slots using:
In addition to the extra storing capabilities, the M3S can store the following:
Colored Variants[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Removed Variants[edit | edit source]
Flatbed[edit | edit source]
- This variant didn't have as much cargo area compared to the other variants. It was mostly used for basic transportation and simple storage. It was removed in 0.63.
Transport[edit | edit source]
- This variant had a dedicated cargo area and was favoured for its increased cargo capacity, but was slower due to its extra weight. This was the variant that was reimplemented into the covered M3S in the 1.10 update.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The M3S was first implemented in v0.51.125720 on 3rd December 2014, as the V3S. It was removed in v0.63 for reimplementation on new systems, and a new Covered variant was first reintroduced in v1.10 Experimental on 29th October 2020.
- The M3S is based on the real-world Praga V3S, which entered service with the Czech armed forces in 1953 and remained in service until the early 2000s. It was also released in the civilian market to wide success.
- Prior to 0.57, it was possible to drive the truck underwater.
- A Command/Radio van variant was teased and is in the game's files, but was never implemented. Wrecks of this model are found throughout the game.
- It is currently impossible to repair the truck's engine on PC (game version : 1.12) since the engine spot isn't accessible.