This page covers the Mod version of DayZ. For information on the Standalone see Ammunition
Ammunition refers to the magazines, clips, rounds, cartridges, shells, bolts, and 40mm grenade launcher rounds that the weapons in DayZ use.
In DayZ, some sets of ammunition can be converted into similar sets of ammunition by right-clicking the ammunition and selecting the appropriate option. These conversions only work between ammunition sets that contain the same round. Ammunition conversions are reversible. The number of rounds in ammunition sets is conserved between conversions. The following ammunition sets may be converted:
- .45 ACP and M1911 Mag — .45 ACP
- DMR Mag and M24 Mag — 7.62×51mm NATO
- 2rnd Pellet and 8Rnd. Pellet
- 2rnd Slug and 8Rnd. Slug
- 30Rnd STANAG and G36 Mag
- .45 ACP — 6 rounds
- M1911 Mag — 7 rounds
- Makarov Mag — 8 rounds
- Makarov SD Mag — 8 rounds subsonic
- G17 Mag — 17 rounds
- G17 SD Mag — 17 rounds subsonic
- M9 Mag — 15 rounds
- M9 SD Mag — 15 rounds subsonic
- PDW Mag — 30 rounds
- Wooden Arrow
- Explosive Arrow
- M249 Belt — 200 rounds linked
- M240 Belt — 100 rounds linked
- RPK Mag - 75 round drum
- RPK-74 Mag - 75 round drum
The shotgun shells used in DayZ are 2.75" 12 gauge shotgun shells.
- MP5 Mag — 30 rounds
- MP5 SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- Bizon SD Mag — 64 rounds subsonic
- Bizon Mag — 64 rounds
- AK Mag — 30 rounds
- AK SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- AKM Mag — 30 rounds
- STANAG Mag — 30 rounds
- STANAG SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- G36 Mag - 30 rounds
- G36 SD Mag — 30 rounds subsonic
- FAL Mag — 20 rounds
- CZ550 Mag — 5 rounds in an unspecified chambering
- DMR Mag — 20 rounds
- M24 Mag — 5 rounds
- SVD Dragunov Mag — 10 rounds
M203 Grenade Launcher
All M203 rounds are 40x46mm grenades.
M203 HE grenade rounds are used to inflict explosive and fragmentation damage in a small area. They require a minimum arming distance.
When shot upwards into the air, M203 'star parachute' rounds will provide good illumination over a wide area for around 40 seconds.
M203 smoke rounds will spew white smoke upon impact, creating a short-lived smokescreen in a small area.