Note: this page covers the Mod version of DayZ; for information on the Standalone, see Traps.
Traps are craftable items that can be used to distract or otherwise injure zombies or other players.
Tripwires are a piece of cord placed on the ground and attached to an object to be triggered when walked over.
It can be crafted with the following items (providing distraction or injury)
- Flares - sets off a flare when walked over, providing light in the trap location. This can be used to bait players and is particularly useful at night (as it illuminates the zombie/survivor that triggered it)
- Smoke grenades - whilst not a particular nuisance to players, smoke grenades can distract zombies allowing a survivor to get away.
- Grenades - sets off a grenade that will usually kill the survivor/zombie triggering it
- Flare: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Road Flare
- Grenade: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, M67 Frag Grenade
- Smoke: String, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Smoke Grenade
Bear traps by themselves are usually sufficient to break a survivors legs and possibly kill if they are low on blood. They can now be crafted to either include a flare (making them highly visible during night) or with a smoke grenade (which will attract nearby zombies and increase a survivors visibility.
- Flare: String, Bear Trap, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Road Flare
- Smoke: String, Bear Trap, Wood Pile, Duct Tape, Smoke Grenade