|Category||Weapons > Ranged|
7.62x54mmR Tracer Rounds
|Repairable With||Gun Cleaning Kit|
|Size||30 Slots (10x3)|
|Weight||4 kg (9 lb)|
Medium (Iron Sights)|
Very High (PU Scope)
|Rate of Fire||Bolt-Action (~60 rounds/min)|
5 (Very Loud)|
2 ((Quiet) Plastic Bottle Suppressor)
100m - 1000m ((100m default) Hip-Fire/Iron Sights)|
100m - 1300m ((100m default) PU Scope)
Plastic Bottle Suppressor|
|Wraps||Ghillie Rifle Wrap|
|Location||Hunting, Town, Village|
Green, Black, Camo|
Sawed-off Mosin 91/30
Five shot bolt-action rifle, fed from internal magazine. Still usable today due to its sturdiness. Uses 7.62x54mmR rounds. — In-game description
The gun is based on the Mosin-Nagant M1891/30, which is an upgraded version of the original '1891' variant introduced in 1930 and 1931. It was the standard rifle for the Soviet military from 1930 to 1944. It was replaced by the SKS rifle, which was in turn after a few years quickly replaced by the AK series of rifles. However, many millions were manufactured and exported throughout the Soviet Union and its satellite states, as well as many allies. This, coupled with the relative availability of ammunition and inexpensive cost has resulted in the rifle's use in many wars, including the Korean War, Vietnam War, and has even seen use in recent conflicts like Afghanistan.
Weapon attachments are any accessories or devices that attach to a firearm in order to add, improve or modify the weapon's functionality or performance. In DayZ Standalone these attachments take the form of sights/optics, handguards, buttstocks, muzzle devices, barrel and handguard attachments and gun wraps.
Sights and Optics
NOTE: Because Spraypaint is not spawning on vanilla servers, as of 1.11, the Mosin 91/30 cannot be painted in any way.
- The Mosin 91/30 can be considered a replacement of the Lee-Enfield from the Mod as "The Dinnerbell Rifle". This nickname comes from the loud sound it makes upon firing, "Ringing the dinnerbell" to nearby zombies
- The rifle's in-game receiver is "hexagonal", with the front-receiver bridge being angled into half a hexagon, rather than round. The in-game models barrel date matches the period of transition to round receivers, though common production of hex receiver rifles continued for several years. Older hex receivers were commonly rearsenaled through WWII and received new barrels with new date stamps.
- The in-game model features a bent-bolt handle, while in real life only PU Sniper models have a bent-bolt handle. It is also much shorter than an actual PU sniper's rifle bolt handle would be
- The iron sight on a 91/30 feature elevating rear sights starting at 300m and can be raised to fire out to 1000m, or lowered down to 100m. The real rifle's rear sight can be set to 2000m.
- The long length of this rifle makes it difficult to wield up close. At times the barrel even penetrates through a zombie or player making your shot fired behind the target with no damage
- The Mosin Nagant (in real life and in video games) is known in some internet communities as the "Moist Nugget" - the latter usually just as "Nugget." This information is useful in case the colloquialism is heard in in-game chat.
- Since 0.60, the weapon can fire two or three dozen shot before being ruined.