|Category||Weapons > Ranged|
|Repairable With||Gun Cleaning Kit|
|Size||8 Slots (2x4)|
|Weight||3 kg (7 lb)|
|Internal Magazine||6-Round Cylinder|
|Range||Low (130m Max Effective Range)|
|Rate of Fire||Low (257 Rounds/Min)|
|Zeroing||25m (Hip-Fire/Iron Sights)|
Six shot double-action revolver. Compared to pistols, it is relatively slow to load and requires frequent maintenance. On the plus side, it can deliver exceptional damage at short to medium ranges. Uses .357 rounds. — In-game description
The Revolver is a double-action revolver with a 6-round capacity. Chambered for the high caliber .357 Rounds it can deliver a lot of damage, although at relatively short effective range. Compared to the FX-45, the Revolver deals more damage with same accuracy. However, it is louder, has a slower rate of fire, and has less then half its ammo capacity. The magnum cylinder is slow to reload as each chamber has to be loaded manually. However, the fact that it does not require a magazine to load more than one round can be a major advantage.
|This page needs additional citation. You can help DayZ Wiki by .
If the problems have been addressed, please
Any rounds loaded into the Revolver begin at one to the left of the top, the last chamber. After loading an empty cylinder a cocked hammer will drop the hammer on the current chamber firing only the last chamber, and therefor will fire only fully loaded. However, with the hammer down the double action pull will rotate the cylinder and fire the first chamber, and so will fire with any number of rounds loaded.
Pressing the reload button will cock the hammer if not cocked already.
- The Revolver is based on the Colt Python double-action revolver, and is subsequently also chambered in the same ammunition, .357. The Revolver found in-game uses the most common and popular variant of the Python - a 6-inch barrel, while other lengths are available in its real-world counterpart.
- The Revolver was first introduced as the Magnum in the 31st December 2013 v0.30.113925 Alpha patch, which fixed its inability to spawn from its supposed addition in v0.30.113860, a week and a half before.
- It was subsequently removed alongside its speedloader and ammunition, and nearly every weapon in the game, upon the new player controller's introduction in Experimental patch 0.63 on 14th June 2018.
- The Magnum has since been reimplemented as the Revolver in Experimental patch 1.09.153337 on 18th August 2020.
- The model was updated upon reimplementation, updating textures and the model partially. Most notably in the texture, the grip's Colt seal is replaced by a rhino and the engraved "PYTHON .357" is removed, and the model is smoothed with increased vertexes, notably around the trigger guard.