any idea what the Village pub is? (see patchnotes) the two-level yellow building or the one-level red one?--TheBlackDracula (talk) 11:30, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
- My Forum monkeys just informed me that the Village pub is a new building with a western saloon look. --Basinox (talk) 21:25, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
does anyone know community or developer names for the different houses?--TheBlackDracula (talk) 20:32, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
buildings of interest and info (copied partially from: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1w7nmv/a_guide_to_looting_and_buildings/ and http://orcz.com/Category:DayZ_Standalone_Buildings):
- red pub/"Med House":Always has a medical supply in it! Also spawns food, melee weapons, backpacks, gun parts... Be sure to check the back room in this house as well (although as of last update it hasn't had loot in it)
- red brick house/Double Decker Peach - Doesn't have an upstairs, but great for loot as well.
- small yellow house/Ugly Yellow - Thanks to CaptainFiddlebottom & belGician for the suggestion & screen! - All around great for all loot.
- Two Tone Brown - Check that awning for food.
- Rasta Houses - Not the best, but they do spawn food.
- Peach House - Spawns food as well and ammo, gun part, and clothes.
- red brick house with stairs
- green house with medical loot/Skinny Green/single family green house -Moved from the no loot section, thanks bengalo & x_Sligh_x - Spawns general items and med supplies.
- white green villa/Piano House:Probably the best building to loot, Spawns melee weapons on the piano, and guns on the shelving unit across from the piano. Also spawns rice and other great food! Make sure to check the room upstairs for things like more food and ammo.
- yellow pub/Corner Pub/Restaurant:Another great building, spawns everything! Be sure to go upstairs (in the doorway on the road) and check all the rooms up there, I have found guns a few times
- "Factory" - Looks similar to the Piano House, but you'll notice it is longer. This building will spawn ammo in the large machine room, but be sure to also check upstairs, I have found guns there as well.
- Double Decker Green & Double Decker Red - These two story houses with double doors spawn food and clothing items.
- Skinny Beige/Inn - Check the downstairs for food, but don't bother going upstairs.
- Hotel DeLuxe
- Red split levels
- Log Cabin: good loot
- Apartment Fronts - All of these buildings are great. Again, You can find everything here, even weapons occasionally. The blue door ones have stairs that go up and you'll find loot all the way to the top, BUT the rooms the make loud steeping noises also have stairs and you shouldn't bother going up those(still check ground floor for all though)
- Apartment Complex
- Shoemaker: spawns shoes
- Grocery Store